I’m a new member what do I need to know?
- Thank You for volunteering your time, we appreciate you being here.
- The Search & Rescue Team meets every 1st Thursday of the Month at KCSD 701 Ball Ave NE. This meeting is for members only; guests need to be approved by the Director before they are invited. Please check out the calendar for updates
- Having access to Email very important. This is how we update everyone on current happenings / needs.
- Members MUST have a messaging device within 1 month becoming an approved member Kent County SAR. This means a cell phone or pager capable of receiving text and or email messages.
- Because we work for Emergency Management and are a federally sponsored, state run, locally managed program we must complete the Federal NIMS requirements. Please see the following links for the independent study classes. These must be completed and copies of the documents turned into the training coordinator within 6 months of becoming approved. ( while you wait for your approval you can do these also)